Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Trivia Night

So, a funny thing happened at trivia night on Tuesday. . . .

For one of the questions, the trivia lady played a few seconds of music. We were told that this clip was from a theme song for a show that was aired in the early 1990's. The song was a fairly fast paced and upbeat tune. It was the kind of song that I think most of us would associate with a Japanese action cartoon of sorts. None of my teammates (Jess, Dallas and Nikki) knew what it was. So, for lack of a different answer, I looked at everyone and said "I'm putting down '21 Jump Street' does anyone care?"

When it came time to trade papers with the team next to us, we handed our answer to Mychal. Mychal took one look at "21 Jump Street" and gave us a really hard time about it.

Mychal: "21 Jump Street"? Really, you guys? That was a serious show. Pretty sure people died. I doubt anyone was dancing [enter Mychal performing his 80's era happy dance] to that song during the opening titles.


The folks at the table next to us quietly criticized us along with Mychal. I'll admit that he had a pretty convincing argument. To be fair, I only guessed "21 Jump Street" because it was the only show I could think of from that time period of which I didn't already know the theme song.

.....Too bad for Mychal, because "21 Jump Street" was TOTALLY the correct answer!

Hahaha

With a overall score of 30.5 points, we soundly beat Mychal's crew. Petting Ponies for the win!

No comments:

Post a Comment