Monday, May 24, 2010

Lush Review

Lush is my most favorite specialty beauty products place. I took a trip to their new location last weekend and decided to branch out and try some of their soaps. For any one who knows of Lush, you might feel my approach to be a little backward, as Lush is most known for their bar soaps. I don't know. Can't really explain myself there. Any who, here's the skinny. . .

Here we have "Honey I Washed the Kids" soap. Of the soaps I purchased, this one is my favorite. It has a very sweet scent, but isn't overwhelming. The scent lingers for a short while. I can't tell if it's the change in humidity or what, but my skin doesn't feel dried out after using this soap. It has a piece of honeycomb attached to it. I suppose you could use it as an exfoliater, I happened to find it very satisfying as a means to itch a fresh bug bite on my arm.

This is "Rock Star". I'll admit that I bought this soap for nostalgic purposes alone. When I sniffed it in the store, my immediate thought was, "this is what I remember my 'My Little Pony" smelled like" and bought it for no other reason. It's not a bad soap. It has a little bit of a candy scent that I'm glad doesn't linger too long, and I'm neither here nor there on how it makes my skin feel. I'm tempted to divide the chunk I got into smaller pieces and keep them in my bathrooms.

Last but not least is "Porridge". The verdict is still out on this one. This soap has oat chunk in it and smells like molasses. I liked the idea of this soap: it's an oatmeal soap and exfoliater for us sensitive skin types. Unfortunately for this soap, it have an almost overwhelming aroma. The smell doesn't stick around on your skin much, but it's almost suffocating in the shower, which isn't pleasant. I'm not sure this is one I would purchase again, but I don't hate it enough to not use what I have.

I guess two out of three isn't bad. Lush is having their grand re-opening party on Saturday with lots of deals and goodies. I'll probably stop by because I'm almost out of conditioner and I like to lump my purchases together on "goodie bag" days. Why not stock up on your daily stuff when you can score some free stuff while you're at it, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment