Monday, May 24, 2010

Randomly Updating. . . .

Late softball game (we lost. Boo), so I'm staying up a little later to allow the dogs an extra 30 minutes to mill around before Willis gets the cage for the rest of the night. Watching "Breakfast Club" (again) and typing away at no one on the web. Mondays are awesome!

Well, good news on the Focus. Sounds like it will live to see another day. Hooray? Hopefully the mechanic fixes the problem without hassling me about the warranty. I'm really sick of pumping money into that car. Perhaps I need to start entering all of those raffles you see in malls and whatnot, where the grand prize is a brand new car. Wouldn't that be nice? Haha. I think I'm going to talk my dad into looking at cars. Not that I'm ready to buy, it would just be nice to be a little more prepared for the Focus quitting the game of life for good. The last day has been riddled with "Oh no, what do I do now?" thoughts. Silver lining: driving Dad's Jeep around is kinda of fun. It's a bouncy rig. I kind of feel like I'm on Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. Haha.

I think I finally have a successful Quinoa meal put together. The last couple of attempts have produced fairly bland tasting products. I decided to stick with my cucumber/tomato/red wine vinegar/olive oil combo, but I added garlic and I think that has made all the difference. I'll have Alex taste it in the morning and see what he thinks. I think this is the week I finally try the Jalapeno-Garlic Shrimp from April's Martha Stewart Living.

I forgot to tape "Lost" last night and that makes me really sad.

Bruce, one of our clients, went in for major surgery today. His daughter has hijacked his FB ("With permission of, course" as Bruce tells me) . She's keeping us updated. Sounds like everything has gone as planned and it looks like better case scenario right now. Go, Bruce, Go. I really hope his doctors were wrong with their grim prognosis.

Alright, well, sorry for the post about nothing. Until next time. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment