Wednesday, June 16, 2010

At The Movies

I've headed to the movies a couple of times over the last few days and had more success than expected, which is always nice.



On Friday, Alex and I saw "Get Him To The Greek". I definitely went with low expectations. I figured that they probably showed all the funny parts in the preview and would walk away having chuckled once or twice. Well, I was wrong. This movie was so funny. I don't care if I'm the only person who walked away still laughing, I thought it was funny. Russell Brand and Jonah Hill were about what I expected, I mean I remember Aldous Snow from Forgetting Sarah Marshall and knew what I was getting into there. What I didn't see coming were Rose Byrne and Sean "P. Diddy" Combs. Rose Byrne (of Damages fame) played Jackie Q, the ridiculous ex-girlfriend of Aldous Snow. She managed to be just as outrageous as he is and I loved it. Not only did we have one rock/pop star with raunchy song lyrics, we had two and it was glorious. Sean Combs, P. Diddy, Puff Daddy (whatever you want to call him these days) was probably my favorite part. I completely underestimated that man. The whole scene in the Vegas hotel room had me crying, I was laughing so hard. This was a definite win in my book.


Last night Dad and I caught The A-Team. As I happen to be a big fan this kind of action flick, I really liked this one. I thought it was very well cast, and the one-liner humor was pretty spot on. There isn't really much to say about it. The story is pretty simple and things got blown to shit. What more could you ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment